Sunday, March 23, 2008

Three-day workend

8 hours compiling data, 2 hours emailing and planning travel, page count = 203

This was cumulative time worked on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Had an interesting, long conversation on Friday with a financial planner I met at an event a few weeks ago about his work, future plans, and whether we might be able to work together. Intriguing.

The next six to eight weeks are going to be extremely busy and full of travel, and I tried to sort some of that out on Friday, to only partial avail. Lots of variables: I need to go to Berkeley; a second interview for the job I discussed on Wednesday would take place in mid-April; I've been invited by a foundation in Minnesota to take part in a strategic planning "design lab" the second week of April; we're going to Jazzfest in New Orleans the last week of April; we're going to Philadelphia the first weekend in April. Oof! It'll all work out in the finish, I'm sure, but this is about to get very interesting!

I got in touch with my two main advisers and tentatively set a presentation at the Latin America research seminar and a couple of meetings for April 1-3; that may need to move back, but for now, I'm aiming to have as much done as I can for that timeframe.

To that end, I'm nearing completion on the 19th-century force data, completing Uruguay and Paraguay in the past few days. I have Peru, half of Mexico, and Venezuela to go.

Thanks to this past week's monitor, Gloria Cardona! This week's monitor (starting Monday) will be my darling wife, Catherine Sumner. Hope you had a good weekend!

1 comment:

I Cappi said...

Very busy weeks to come!!
I have to say that not only with
your family by your side,but with
the great group of friends you
have giving you support thru their
comments,you are almost at the end.

Good luck Son!! big hug
Mami.