Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Progress

1.5 hours writing, 0.5 hours researching, page count = 203

Busy day on the job front. I heard back from both of the interviews I did in the past few weeks. The first one was a no; that's fine, I had been concerned that it might not be a fit. The second was a yes to another interview. I'm one of six semifinalists, and my in-person interview with the selection committee is next Wednesday. I've been doing background research, and took two of those phone calls today, as well as setting up another one for Friday.

On the dissertation front, I spoke with the library and confirmed that my budget sources will be there tomorrow. So I'll be able to get into those then, and they'll hopefully be the last piece in the puzzle that allows me to send off the revised Chapter 1 to my main adviser. In terms of writing, while waiting for the new data, I polished some of the more newly-written sections, particularly the one on party systems.

1 comment:

I Cappi said...

My Dear Son:

I started writing this posting this morning at 7:30 AM when I got to the office and it is now that I am able to finish and complete it. Like Forrest Gump said, “life is like a box full of chocolates”. And I know that the good ones are coming out for you now!
Congratulations on the progress made in the two fronts that you are facing now. One your dissertation that is ready to become the platform from where you launch your new professional career. It must be so rewarding for you that by the end of the week the document will be ready or almost ready for sending to your Advisor.
As for the interview on Wednesday, what an exciting and great news! I know that you will be very well prepared and if it is the organization and environment that you need to “spread your great wings”, you will get it!
I a few hours I will be sharing this exciting news with Mamy who is flying to Milwaukee right now.

Love you very much, Dad