Monday, November 12, 2007

Zeroing in

1.5 hours writing, 3 hours processing data, 1 hour emailing, page count = 167

Welcome once again to my dear old dad, Hugo Cardona, in Milwaukee, as this week's monitor. Thanks, Dad!

I finished processing the police service-records database, and wrote up a relevant section in the chapter on La Violencia. I'm getting to the point where my tasks are fewer in number but greater in intensity. I continue to get advice on managing the dissertation endgame, and to correspond with my research assistant, Ana María, in Bogotá, who's getting a lot done. I guess that's all there is to say today.

Here's to a good start to the week!

1 comment:

I Cappi said...

Dear Son:

Congratulations on the new pages that you have written. If your goal is to have 220 pages [in the Berkeley format] you have completed 76% of your goal. In order to write the remaining 53 pages in the remaining 13 days that you have before November 30 [not counting Thanksgiving Day or weekends] you need to write an average of 4 pages per day.

My advice is simple concentrate in writing, perhaps 6-7 pages per day, and you will have about one week to “clean-up” the final pages before submission. This reminds me of my NYC Marathon walk with your sister. The first 20 miles were a “picnic” and then the serious sprint for home took place. After we finished, we “basked in our fatigue and personal glory”.

Love you very much, Daddy