Saturday, May 31, 2008

America continued

1 hour writing, 6 hours researching, page count = 225

This is for Friday and Saturday together. I've been busy with last-minute preparations for the panel I'm organizing for my giving circle last week, and it seems to be on track. I've also been pulling together references for the interview I had on Wednesday, as they want to continue talking with me. Good news!

I did some work on the third of six episodes in Chapter 4. I need to dig up some more Antioquia-specific information in the data I've already gathered, as most of what I have written now has to do with relevant things that took place in other states.

I also spent some time in the library going through secondary sources about the U.S. comparison. The big difference between my case-study on Antioquia and the stuff on the "in comparative perspective" chapter is that for the latter, I rely on secondary sources, while for the former, I also do primary research. So for the U.S. comparison, I've been enjoying going through some of the best work on American political development, which is a really interesting field that looks at the impact of historical patterns of institutional formation on U.S. politics. Right up my alley.

Onward!

1 comment:

I Cappi said...

My Dear Doctor,
It was great to speak with you yesterday and, personally, learn the outstanding progress you are making in your two fronts.
As I told you, the future is around the corner and soon you will know how it looks and what it is.
Love you very much, The Father of the Doctor