Friday, May 9, 2008

Out, damned germ!

page count = 189

I've been fighting off a cold ever since I got soaked on the first Saturday of Jazz Fest a couple of weeks ago, and this week the bill really came due. I managed to do a little writing in the past couple of days, but not very much. Cathy has an event tomorrow, so I'll come back in and give it another shot.

On the job front, I submitted another job application today, and found another position for which I'm interested in applying that could be a good fit. I've been doing a lot of philanthropy-related blogging this week (I actually had someone say to me last night, "are you the one who was blogging from the Council on Foundations conference for Tactical Philanthropy?"), and today I posted some final reflections on the CoF conference on VPF's own blog, Doing Giving Differently. I also followed up on a thread on foundation transparency at Tactical Philanthropy with a comment of which I'm quite proud. And finally, I confirmed a date and venue for the next VPF event, which will be June 4 at the Foundation Center. Whew! Looking forward to the weekend. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Rjewell40 said...

Re: the cold... Try a steam room, seriously. Hot toddies and vitamins, and LOTs of sleep! :)

Re: Philanthropy blogging and job hunting, sounds exciting. Looking forward to seeing you in a week and some change!! :) Yay!!