Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sentences of awesomeness

4 hours writing, page count = 187

One of my favorite blogs, Marginal Revolution, has a running feature, "Sentences of X," that highlights noteworthy points in articles or papers (as opposed to highlighting the whole article or paper). The X can be interest, wisdom, provocation, sadness, etc. Well, today I've been writing sentences of awesomeness as I wrestle the latest draft of the intro to Chapter 1 to the ground. The hardest thing is to begin, and I'm struggling mightily to create the right point of entry into my argument. I'm feeling really good about where I've gotten today.

But the question is, where have I gotten to over the past week? The last month I've been posting sporadically because I've been home only sporadically. On Sunday and Monday I was in the Washington DC area at the Council on Foundations philanthropy mega-conference, representing my giving circle, networking busily, and doing some guest blogging at TacticalPhilanthropy.com. While fighting off a cold, which I'm still doing.

On the job front, I didn't get the job I interviewed for a couple of weeks ago, but I'm talking with them about maybe doing some consulting over the summer. Had a phone pre-screen for another job today that I thought went well, and am going to submit at least one more application this week, as well as speak with another potential consulting client.

Onward toward graduation!

2 comments:

I Cappi said...

My Dearest Son:

And the valiants go marching on! Looking forward to being with you at graduation.

Love you very much, Dad

Unknown said...

Thank you for this very useful information.
research papers | thesis