Saturday, December 1, 2007

Overtime

5 hours writing, 2 hours processing data, page count = 215 (plus 3-page abstract)

Continued moving forward today on the La Violencia chapter, including processing data regarding allocation of security forces around the 1947 election. The data confirm the politicized nature of the security forces and the disconnect between the army and police. They were tools used for different purposes; the army just went were the people were, but the police were sent where electoral competitiveness was particularly high, indicating more political criteria at play.

I also took care of some cosmetic stuff on the manuscript, inserting the prefatory pages and updating the list of tables and figures. It looks like a real dissertation! I'll wait to write the acknowledgments after I turn in the manuscript; I want to take my time and enjoy the process of recording my gratitude in detail.

Into the homestretch tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rjewell40 said...

You're on the home stretch.... just a wee bit more.

see you soon!!

Rjewell40 said...

Are you going to be writing this thing right up to the last possible minute??
:) I can imagine you, even now when it's got to be in the small hours of the morning in NYC, slaving away.

You and Cathy are going to deserve a massive holiday at the end of all this.. :)