Thursday, June 21, 2007

3 hours researching/reading, 0.5 hours emailing, 0.5 hours administrivia

Not such a productive day today. Continued working on the sub-national comparison. I found another source for data on violence in different regions, which partly reinforces and partly contradicts what I already had. Need to dig a little further. My sense is that there are three broad types of regions: those that didn't experience La Violencia (the coastal lowlands), those that experienced it continuously before and after the assassination of Gaitain in 1948, and those where the assassination was a trigger. So perhaps a three-way comparison among one of each of those regions would be useful.

I'll be back at the NY Public Library tomorrow for more research on the regional piece, and hope to make some progress on the writing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer you didn't have that productive of a day, but if this diss-writing process has one quality that's consistent, it's its inconsistency! (Besides, seems to me that if today the potential sub-national comparison took further shape, that's not a bad day's work!)

The even better news is - tomorrow is another day, and then there's the weekend!

Hang in there!!

(I, meanwhile, will be reporting back regarding your Doe materials, which I WILL go pick up on Friday no matter what!)