Friday, June 22, 2007

1 hour writing, 4.5 hours researching/reading, 0.5 hours emailing/administrivia

A good day! I like working at the Public Library; there are so many resources you can just stumble across. I got an answer to a methodology question that had been bugging me from earlier in the week from an encyclopedia I happened to come across.

I'm getting closer to a decision on the sub-national comparison. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to have one; it may be three states rather than two, I'm not sure yet. I need to find statistics indicating relative level of economic development at the state level for 1946, the start date of La Violencia. That'll probably need to wait until Tuesday, when the library's open again. On Monday, I'll change things up a bit by working on the chapter about police systems in comparative context.

All in all, a good end to the week. Thanks again to Diana Kapiszewski for being a wonderful monitor this week! Next up is Marco Mojica; more about him on Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to finish strong!! Right on!! And a big congrats on that hour of writing, you go! I'm looking forward to seeing how your ideas about the sub-national comparison develop.

Hope you have a well-deserved great weekend!! Nice keeping you company this week!

Sunny said...

Dear Chris,
I've been following your June comments and am delighted to see that (a) you have established a strong structure of support for this project and (b) you are "into" the practices that will lead to completion of your dissertation. I echo Diana's comment, and encourage you to write a bit each day, even if not necessarily "in order" -- and I also encourage you to leave any judgements of yourself and your progress aside. I'm rooting for you! Devotedly, Sunny