Thursday, January 24, 2008

Getcha hot links here

1 hour writing, 3 hours researching, page count = 174

A number of the historical sources on the Southern Cone countries that I'm consulting at the library I've had to request offsite, and a number of them came in, so I went to check those out. It had been a while since I'd worked with hundred-year-old ministerial reports, and they seem to have that musty smell and gothic cover font in Uruguay as well in Colombia. I found a state police chief report for a state in Uruguay, which was interesting in terms of the multiple sources he used to ask for more money. There's a clear link to the Ministry of Government, so it'll be interesting to see more about the relationship with the army. Uruguay continues to be exceptional. I also finished the chapter in Lopez-Alves about Uruguay; I'm not sure I necessarily agree with his take on the role of the army vis-a-vis the parties, but I need to read more about the army to know for sure. Luckily, one of the offsite sources was army ministry reports from the 1890s and 1920s, so that'll give me plenty to work with.

In terms of writing, I added on the first link in the chain connecting the very first section of Chapter 1 with the comparative framework, and it seemed to work well. Tomorrow I'll add another. Onward!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oi!

Sorry for the delay. All sounds great!! So psyched you're looking at Uru, I can't wait to hear what you find.!!! (No chance of going, huh???) And good job with the linking as well -- hope linking went well again today!!!

HLVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DKita