Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Southern Cone

1 hour writing, 4 hours researching, page count = 196

Didn't get a lot done these first two days, so I'm consolidating them into one entry. I continued revising the comparative framework section of Chapter 1, identified Uruguay as a case that needs special attention because it has both a strong party system and a history of coups rather than insurrection, identified sources, and began consulting them at the library. I also started incorporating a few sentences here and there that reflect what I've found in the library research on Argentina and Uruguay. It's becoming increasingly clear that the Southern Cone is where I need to do a lot of empirical exploration with regard to the comparative framework: in their own ways, Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay each speak to and challenge elements of my framework. So I'll continue along that path this week, rather than trying to hit all 10 countries at once.

P.S. Speaking of southern cones, there's a really good Argentine ice cream shop on Bleecker called Cones, it's BA-style gelato, which is extra-creamy. One of the many ways in which the Italian immigrant heritage has positively influenced Argentine culinary habits. Worth a stop.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just stay on track Mr. Chris. You are almost there!!

Marco Mojica said...

Oops! I sent you the response using Lili's account.
Pa'lante Siempre Pa'lante!!
Marco

Rjewell40 said...

But s/he's right, if it's Marco or lili, keep on truckin', Buster. You're almost there.