Friday, October 5, 2007

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

4 hours writing, 2 hours planning, 0.5 hours emailing, page count = 138

Actually, none of my bags are even close to packed. But I did finalize plans for my trip, making a list of things to get over the weekend and to bring with me. I'm all set in terms of who will pick me up at the airport and where I'll first arrive in Bogota, as well as what my return transportation from the airport will be on the 27th - that structure is oddly comforting.

In terms of writing, I prepared three chapters to send to my committee. Annoyingly, this involved a lot of reformatting, from the outline format I use while editing to something that a person can read. But there's no point sending it if people can't read it.... But it also helped to identify other places where I need to shore up the argument, or where I was being repetitive. I'll take another look tomorrow morning before sending them along.

Thanks to this week's monitor Laura Sumner. Next up is Lucia Pena, in Northern California. Cathy has Columbus Day off, so I'll be taking the holiday too. My next post will be from Colombia on Tuesday! Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Laura Sumner said...

wow, great writing time! good job this week, have a good weekend and bon voyage!

Lucia Corral Pena said...

OK, I'm up... I await with much anticipation your updates on writing, musings and sightings. Lucia