Monday, October 29, 2007

Processing

2 hours processing data, 2 hours training, 1 hour planning travel, 0.5 hours emailing, page count = 140

This week's monitor is Michael Negrón. Michael is a consultant, coach, facilitator and trainer based in Guilford, CT. A former Interim Executive Director of the National Society of Hispanic MBAs, and former senior executive for a Fortune 500 company, Michael is presently a consultant/facilitator with Hispanics in Philanthropy. He's certified in Emotional Intelligence and Resiliency 360 assessment tools and leadership competencies workshops, and has provided coaching to employees at P&G, Verizon and Pitney Bowes, and multiple nonprofit organizations. Welcome, Michael!

On Saturday, I met with Ana María to go over the research protocols regarding the police-service records, and to discuss protocols for ministerial reports, which she began reviewing that day. I already have my first update from her, so that work is moving along.

A light day today as I adjust to being back home and try to get back into the groove. I processed some of the data from Medellín; I really was able to get a lot about personnel and geographic distribution for the period that interests me, and I'll be interested to see what comes of it when I develop the data into a database.

I'm traveling to San Francisco this Friday to present at my department's Latin America research seminar on Monday afternoon. I'm looking forward to meeting with professors and to catching up with friends. Today, I set up appointments and took care of logistics for the trip.

I had a good conversation this afternoon with a former work contact who's kind enough to be helping with a reference for a job application I submitted recently. Now that I'm back in town, I'll want to make an extra effort to keep the job-search process going even as the writing heads into the final stretches.

No comments: