Monday, June 23, 2008

Pass the ether

2.5 hours phone call, 2 hours writing, page count = 252

Had a great conversation with one of my advisors this afternoon. We walked through the logic of the entire dissertation via the table of contents, which has quite a lot of detail (it's a good page and a half), and I got great feedback about order of presentation and how to structure the argument most effectively. All the pieces seem to be in place, it's a question of honing the argument to its sharpest point and presenting it most effectively. I'm very encouraged. I gained more changes to make to my list, which had been growing quite short, but many of them are relatively precise, almost surgical, in nature. I began going through and making them after our call. Keep getting closer....

No comments: