Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Beginning to end

3 hours writing, page count = 193

This week's monitor is my lovely wife Cathy Sumner. Welcome!

I finally finished connecting all the new material in Chapter 1. It now flows logically from beginning to end, 40 pages - of which at least 35 are new material since the New Year. Now I need to go through the last section, iron out the kinks, and then go back and fill in gaps in references or data. I'm debating whether to send a revised draft of the whole manuscript to all my advisors, or to send a revised Chapter 1 to my principal advisor first. I'm thinking I'll likely do the latter.

I submitted another job application last Friday, and I have a phone interview this Friday for another application, which I'm excited about. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think sending the revised chapter to Ruth sounds like a good plan. It seems to me that the more you get stuff to them now the easier it will be to get their sign-off when you go back to CA, and the easier it will be to finally figure out the timing of that trip. Keep at it today!