Wednesday, August 1, 2007

1 hour writing, 3.5 hours researching, 0.5 hours emailing

Took one last run through my conference paper before emailing it to LASA (hooray!), and finished incorporating all of the changes from it into my overall draft: 92 pages and counting. So in addition to getting feedback, I did generate some new content.

Having spent a couple of weeks setting up the chapters about the police and Colombia in comparative context, I'm going to spend time now working on the case chapters on Colombia. I started today by inventorying the data that I gathered during fieldwork, and identifying additional data that I can gather stateside. I thought I might need to travel to Boston or D.C., but after trying a few different combinations of phrases involving "Ministerio de Gobierno" (Interior Ministry), I found that quite a few of the the ministerial reports from the ministry overseeing the police are available at the NYPL. So I'll be checking those out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like another productive day. And congrats on finishing the LASA piece! It also seems that you're transitioning into work on the real core of what you have left to finish on the dissertation. Certainly a good direction to be moving!